- The Florida Monument at Gettysburg: The Complicated Legacies of the Civil War
- Interning at Gettysburg: A Summer on the Battlefield
- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Ever wonder what it would be like to walk through the streets of Gettysburg just a few short months after the battle? Now you can, in your mind’s eye, when you visit the new, detailed scale model of the town … Continue reading
Who are they? These dead men. To Alexander Gardner and most of us who have viewed this image over the years they are tragic and grotesque props on a terrible stage. We view them with revulsion but also curiosity. Yet … Continue reading
A Mystery Solved? Part Two In my last post I mentioned that my search to find where Gardner’s Union death studies were taken took me to the July 1 battlefield. There was only place I thought might possibly … Continue reading