- The Florida Monument at Gettysburg: The Complicated Legacies of the Civil War
- Interning at Gettysburg: A Summer on the Battlefield
- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
Monthly Archives: June 2011
They’ve been called the silent sentinels, but even they have needs. They are the 1320 monuments, markers, and memorials of Gettysburg National Military Park. The park’s monument preservation branch is working on numerous monuments throughout the park. These preservation maintenance … Continue reading
June 25, 2011 Burlington Cunningham was nicknamed “Burl” by his comrades. He enlisted as a private in Company K, 19th Indiana Infantry on July 29, 1861. The 19th became a part of the famous Iron Brigade. At the Battle … Continue reading
On the morning of June 4, 326 volunteers descended on the Gettysburg battlefield for six and a half hours and they accomplished a HUGE amount of work. The event was Gettysburg National Military Park’s biggest volunteer event of the year: … Continue reading