- The Other Gettysburg Addresses: Presidential Orations at Gettysburg Part II
- The Other Gettysburg Addresses – Presidential Orations at Gettysburg
- Birthday Events at Gettysburg National Military Park and Eisenhower National Historic Site
- “I never saw men more resolved upon an accomplishment.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 2.
- “We can whip three or four (of them) to one.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 1.
Monthly Archives: April 2012
His name was Clifford Henderson. He was from Ohio, served in the U.S. Army, but he did not serve in the Civil War, although he is buried in the Civil War section. Who was Clifford Henderson? Why was he … Continue reading
Last weekend was the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic in 1912. Being a lover of history, the Titanic disaster has always interested me since I was a young boy. On April 4th, I happened to catch … Continue reading
Nearly everything we know about the Barlow-Gordon incident came from John B. Gordon. What did Francis Barlow have to say about it? The answer is Barlow did not write about the war. His son Charles wrote to the National … Continue reading
We’ve hit the one year mark for Gettysburg National Military Park’s blogs and altogether it has been amazingly rewarding experience for the park staff. To date we have had more than 70,000 blog viewers for “From the Fields of Gettysburg,” … Continue reading