- The Other Gettysburg Addresses: Presidential Orations at Gettysburg Part II
- The Other Gettysburg Addresses – Presidential Orations at Gettysburg
- Birthday Events at Gettysburg National Military Park and Eisenhower National Historic Site
- “I never saw men more resolved upon an accomplishment.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 2.
- “We can whip three or four (of them) to one.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 1.
Monthly Archives: June 2012
If you are one of the many people who are planning to visit Gettysburg National Military Park soon – packing your bags, filling up your gas tank, or even boarding a flight, allow me to share a little information that may … Continue reading
1st Lieutenant Alonzo H. Cushing is possibly the most famous 1st Lieutenant of the Battle of Gettysburg, perhaps of the Civil War. There is now a good chance that Cushing, who was killed on July 3 during Pickett’s Charge, … Continue reading
Earlier today, Gettysburg National Military Park’s monument preservation staff started a cleaning and washing project on the Pennsylvania State Memorial, the largest monument on the Gettysburg battlefield. The work requires a 150 foot lift and the Gettysburg Foundation is covering … Continue reading