- The Other Gettysburg Addresses: Presidential Orations at Gettysburg Part II
- The Other Gettysburg Addresses – Presidential Orations at Gettysburg
- Birthday Events at Gettysburg National Military Park and Eisenhower National Historic Site
- “I never saw men more resolved upon an accomplishment.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 2.
- “We can whip three or four (of them) to one.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 1.
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Gettysburg National Military Park Rangers, interns, and volunteers are frequently asked a series of questions by visitors starting with: Where are the Confederate dead buried? Many of these visitors have walked through the Soldiers’ National Cemetery where they noticed the … Continue reading
Besides the myth that the Confederates blundered into battle at Gettysburg because they were looking for shoes, there is no more enduring Gettysburg legend than the one about the position of the horse hooves on the battlefield’s equestrian monuments. … Continue reading
Here at Gettysburg National Military Park we frequently get asked: “What is the best way to see the battlefield?” Our answer is simple: “With a Licensed Battlefield Guide!” Since we are experiencing increases in visitation this year and expect even … Continue reading
The 149th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg is past and I thought this was an appropriate moment to reflect on the battle’s personal impact. Each casualty of that battle has its own story. We need to hear them … Continue reading