- The Other Gettysburg Addresses: Presidential Orations at Gettysburg Part II
- The Other Gettysburg Addresses – Presidential Orations at Gettysburg
- Birthday Events at Gettysburg National Military Park and Eisenhower National Historic Site
- “I never saw men more resolved upon an accomplishment.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 2.
- “We can whip three or four (of them) to one.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 1.
Monthly Archives: September 2012
“. . . in my opinion the army will never be made up of such material again” – Confederate Losses at Gettysburg
Historians and students of Gettysburg have long wrestled with accurately determining the losses the Army of Northern Virginia in the Gettysburg campaign and battle. The initial returns for the army were submitted by Medical Director Surgeon Lafayette Guild on … Continue reading
In the summer of 2000, the National Park Service started its long-term project to bring back missing features on the Gettysburg battlefield that affected the fighting. Since then, we have removed non-historic trees, re-established open fields and meadows, rebuilt miles of … Continue reading
Registration is now open for this March 14-16, 2013, conference sponsored by Gettysburg National Military Park in partnership with the Civil War Institute. “The Future of Civil War History: Looking Beyond the 150th” will: Bring together a diverse assortment of scholars, public historians, … Continue reading