- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
- Taking care of Gettysburg National Military Park with Jeff Miller and Dave Fawley
- Park Watch with Rebecca Makdad and Sharon Krikorian
Monthly Archives: October 2012
October is a big month for the ghost industry in Gettysburg. Capitalizing on people’s fascination with the paranormal is a thriving business here and at other historical sites across the country. But this week’s post is about a different … Continue reading
One of the most fascinating monuments on the Gettysburg battlefield is one of the last most visitors pass. Just beyond the Brian Farm on North Hancock Avenue is the bronze likeness of an elderly man. He rests on a … Continue reading
The American Civil War produced thousands of evocative images that stirred the emotions of citizens all across the nation. Almost like video footage on cable news channels today, 1860s photography served as a portal for the grotesque and previously … Continue reading
Gettysburg National Military Park, working together with the Gettysburg Foundation, Gettysburg College and other partners, has completed the planning for major events on the Gettysburg battlefield during 2013. To learn more about the numerous seminars, programs, events and exhibits that … Continue reading