- Improving Water Quality on the Gettysburg Battlefield
- “The enemy were on the gun and limber…” Gunner John Norwood’s narrow escape at Gettysburg.
- Announcing the Great Task Youth Leadership Experience!
- The Curious Story of a Long Lost Valentine’s Day Poem
- Standing Where They Stood – Looking Through Windows in Time
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Beginning March 1st, young visitors to Gettysburg National Military Park can earn a special 150th anniversary Junior Ranger patch by completing activities in the Junior Ranger activity book. This is an opportunity for our young visitors to have fun while … Continue reading
Several years ago, my friend and fellow NPS ranger, Bill Halainen, along with a hiking friend, recreated the epic march of the Union 6th Corps to the Gettysburg battlefield on July 2. I asked Bill if he would contribute … Continue reading
Gettysburg National Military Park received special funding to address serious visitor safety concerns along Taneytown Road (State Route 134) within a core area of the battlefield. More and more visitors are following walking trails and historic Hancock Avenue from the … Continue reading