- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
- Taking care of Gettysburg National Military Park with Jeff Miller and Dave Fawley
- Park Watch with Rebecca Makdad and Sharon Krikorian
Monthly Archives: March 2013
On March 22, 2013, the U.S. Department of State organized a foreign media visit to Gettysburg National Military Park to offer information about plans for the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg and Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address. The group included … Continue reading
A frequent misconception about the aftermath of the Battle of Gettysburg is that the armies departed by July 7 and left the civilians of Gettysburg with the job of cleaning up the battlefield and burying the dead. This is, … Continue reading
“Remove the old Cyclorama Center and rehabilitate its site to reflect the historic setting of the battlefield.” page 13 of a Gettysburg National Military Park draft development concept plan, April 1996. WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS AN UNFORGETTABLE VIDEO. CLICK THE PHOTO … Continue reading
The Weather Channel is now in the habit of naming winter storms. The latest, dubbed “Winter Storm Saturn” was expected to sweep through Adams County dumping a solid 10 inches of snow across the battlefield. The Park Service and Gettysburg … Continue reading