- The Other Gettysburg Addresses – Presidential Orations at Gettysburg
- Birthday Events at Gettysburg National Military Park and Eisenhower National Historic Site
- “I never saw men more resolved upon an accomplishment.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 2.
- “We can whip three or four (of them) to one.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 1.
- Yellowstone & Gettysburg: The Many Connections Between Two Iconic National Parks
Monthly Archives: March 2013
On March 22, 2013, the U.S. Department of State organized a foreign media visit to Gettysburg National Military Park to offer information about plans for the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg and Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address. The group included … Continue reading
A frequent misconception about the aftermath of the Battle of Gettysburg is that the armies departed by July 7 and left the civilians of Gettysburg with the job of cleaning up the battlefield and burying the dead. This is, … Continue reading
“Remove the old Cyclorama Center and rehabilitate its site to reflect the historic setting of the battlefield.” page 13 of a Gettysburg National Military Park draft development concept plan, April 1996. WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS AN UNFORGETTABLE VIDEO. CLICK THE PHOTO … Continue reading
The Weather Channel is now in the habit of naming winter storms. The latest, dubbed “Winter Storm Saturn” was expected to sweep through Adams County dumping a solid 10 inches of snow across the battlefield. The Park Service and Gettysburg … Continue reading