- Improving Water Quality on the Gettysburg Battlefield
- “The enemy were on the gun and limber…” Gunner John Norwood’s narrow escape at Gettysburg.
- Announcing the Great Task Youth Leadership Experience!
- The Curious Story of a Long Lost Valentine’s Day Poem
- Standing Where They Stood – Looking Through Windows in Time
Category Archives: 11th Massachusetts Infantry
Gettysburg National Military Park monument preservation staff placed a new carved granite arm for the 11th Massachusetts Infantry onto its pedestal on the battlefield earlier today (on Thursday, April 11, 2013). The work started at approximately 8 a.m. and was … Continue reading
Gettysburg National Military Park’s monument preservation branch has been working on restoration of the 11th Massachusetts Infantry monument, which was damaged by vandals in February 2006. The arm with its bronze sword was the primary symbol of the Massachusetts coat of arms … Continue reading