- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
- Taking care of Gettysburg National Military Park with Jeff Miller and Dave Fawley
- Park Watch with Rebecca Makdad and Sharon Krikorian
Category Archives: 121st Pennsylvania Infantry
I would like to make short vignettes of soldiers and civilians who were present at Gettysburg a semi-regular feature of this blog, both to post some of the hundreds of images that we have in the Gettysburg NMP collection, and … Continue reading
Who are they? These dead men. To Alexander Gardner and most of us who have viewed this image over the years they are tragic and grotesque props on a terrible stage. We view them with revulsion but also curiosity. Yet … Continue reading
A Mystery Solved? Part Two In my last post I mentioned that my search to find where Gardner’s Union death studies were taken took me to the July 1 battlefield. There was only place I thought might possibly … Continue reading