- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
- Taking care of Gettysburg National Military Park with Jeff Miller and Dave Fawley
- Park Watch with Rebecca Makdad and Sharon Krikorian
Category Archives: Battlefield Legends and Lore
One of most harrowing stories of the battle of Gettysburg is the experience of the 9th Massachusetts Battery. Told again and again through publications and by the monuments that mark the battery’s position at the park, it’s near destruction adjacent … Continue reading
The packages seem totally innocuous. Not very large. Slightly heavier than you might expect for their size. Addressed to Gettysburg National Military Park, but not to a specific department or person. Often without a return address. Not terribly unusual at … Continue reading
It was very soon after the Battle of Gettysburg when the recounting of battle events and experiences evolved to become battlefield legends, which flourished as the tourism industry in Adams County grew. Most were quite sentimental- blue and gray calling an … Continue reading