- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
- Taking care of Gettysburg National Military Park with Jeff Miller and Dave Fawley
- Park Watch with Rebecca Makdad and Sharon Krikorian
Category Archives: Civil War Music
We continue our look at music inspired by the Battle of Gettysburg, and today present two instrumental pieces: Pickett’s Charge March, and the Battle of Gettysburg. Pickett’s Charge March While the Battle of Gettysburg was a defeat for the … Continue reading
The following is a freshly updated list of special events and programs at Gettysburg National Military Park and Eisenhower National Historic Site. This includes many commemorative programs and events for the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg and President Lincoln’s … Continue reading
How important was music during the Civil War? Fife music was popular because the shrill tone of the fife could be heard well above the rumbling of cannon and the other noises on the battlefield. Buglers were crucial on … Continue reading
Many exciting events and programs are being planned to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg and Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address in 2013. This is an early look at the current slate of Gettysburg National Military Park events. … Continue reading