- Hazardous trees to be removed from Soldiers’ National Cemetery
- The Florida Monument at Gettysburg: The Complicated Legacies of the Civil War
- Interning at Gettysburg: A Summer on the Battlefield
- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
Tag Archives: cemetery ridge at Gettysburg
Since 2000, Gettysburg National Military Park has undertaken numerous and significant projects to rehabilitate the battlefield to its 1863 appearance. Projects have included removal of non-historic trees, planting of wooded areas that no longer had trees, health cuts to improve … Continue reading
Yesterday, another piece of the puzzle was locked into place on Gettysburg’s Cemetery Ridge when National Park Service (NPS) staff moved the Battery F 5th U.S. Artillery monument back to the spot where it had originally been placed more than … Continue reading