- The Other Gettysburg Addresses: Presidential Orations at Gettysburg Part II
- The Other Gettysburg Addresses – Presidential Orations at Gettysburg
- Birthday Events at Gettysburg National Military Park and Eisenhower National Historic Site
- “I never saw men more resolved upon an accomplishment.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 2.
- “We can whip three or four (of them) to one.” Lt. Colonel Franklin Gaillard Writes Home, Part 1.
Tag Archives: Confederate casualties at Gettysburg
On the afternoon of July 1, Confederate general Robert E. Rodes, commanding a division in Lt. General Richard Ewell’s Second Corps, ordered the North Carolina brigade of Brigadier General Alfred Iverson to assault what Rodes believed was the enemy’s … Continue reading
“. . . in my opinion the army will never be made up of such material again” – Confederate Losses at Gettysburg
Historians and students of Gettysburg have long wrestled with accurately determining the losses the Army of Northern Virginia in the Gettysburg campaign and battle. The initial returns for the army were submitted by Medical Director Surgeon Lafayette Guild on … Continue reading