- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
- Taking care of Gettysburg National Military Park with Jeff Miller and Dave Fawley
- Park Watch with Rebecca Makdad and Sharon Krikorian
Tag Archives: North Cemetery Ridge
Since 2000, Gettysburg National Military Park has undertaken numerous and significant projects to rehabilitate the battlefield to its 1863 appearance. Projects have included removal of non-historic trees, planting of wooded areas that no longer had trees, health cuts to improve … Continue reading
Construction is beginning in mid-July 2016 on $1.5 million dollar project to rehabilitate Cemetery Ridge at Gettysburg National Military Park. The nonprofit Gettysburg Foundation will provide a grant of $900,000 to match National Park Service funding of $600,000 for this … Continue reading
Even before the battle spread to North Cemetery Ridge on July 2 its importance was recognized by the high command of the Union army. On July 1, the adjoining Cemetery Hill had been occupied by a reserve force as key … Continue reading