- Improving Water Quality on the Gettysburg Battlefield
- “The enemy were on the gun and limber…” Gunner John Norwood’s narrow escape at Gettysburg.
- Announcing the Great Task Youth Leadership Experience!
- The Curious Story of a Long Lost Valentine’s Day Poem
- Standing Where They Stood – Looking Through Windows in Time
Tag Archives: NPS Centennial
Happy holidays! Here at Gettysburg National Military Park we want to wish all of you a special holiday with friends and family and all the best for the coming new year. As the National Park Service embarks on its second … Continue reading
On February 11, 1895, federal legislation created Gettysburg National Military Park. Yes, the park was created before there even was a “National Park Service”(created 21 years later in 1916). In fact one of the reasons I think the Gettysburg battlefield … Continue reading
For the Centennial of the National Park Service throughout 2016, rangers and other staff at all 409 parks will be working closely with community partners, local businesses, schools, and governments to celebrate a century of serving the American public. We’re … Continue reading