- Woodrow Wilson and Civil War Memory
- “Digging through old papers and such.” A Summer of Research at Gettysburg.
- Gettysburg Artist in Residence to be at David Wills House Friday, July 7, 5-8 p.m.
- Taking care of Gettysburg National Military Park with Jeff Miller and Dave Fawley
- Park Watch with Rebecca Makdad and Sharon Krikorian
Category Archives: Hospitals
Since 2009, legislation has been pending in Congress to expand the boundary of Gettysburg National Military Park to include Gettysburg’s historic Lincoln Train Station. This would allow the National Park Service to preserve the site and improve our interpretation of … Continue reading
As the soldiers of Brigadier General Solomon Meredith’s 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 1st Corps, marched up the Emmitsburg Road on the morning of July 1, 1863, Sergeant Major George Legate, of the 2nd Wisconsin, made his way up from … Continue reading
Occasionally park employees are called away on special assignments, or “details,” to other national parks to lend assistance for special events, disaster recovery or other projects. I just spent ten days at the Statue of Liberty National Monument helping with … Continue reading
Eliza W. Farnham was a woman who did not just advocate for reform and help to the poor and dispossessed. She lived her beliefs – vigorously. Born in 1815 in Rensselaerville, New York, she spent part of her life … Continue reading